White

Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder. -E.B. White

Sunday, August 26, 2012

CLEVELAND ROCKS! THE GREAT OHIO ADVENTURE

"CLEVELAND ROCKS, CLEVELAND ROCKS, CLEVELAND ROCKS!  OHIO!!" -The great words of The Presidents of the United States band...and Drew Carey.

 
Not only does that song totally rock  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vl5FWUMnNM but so does the actual city of Cleveland, Ohio.

The first impression when I entered into Cleveland, my only stop in Ohio unfortunatley, can pretty much be summed up by saying I was uncontrolably smiling! The city has these amazing structures all over downtown and there is so much to see. The city is right along the coastline of Lake Erie and that is just as beautiful as seeing a big blue ocean.
 
 
Go Browns!
 
Of course I had to see the famous Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. So I drove to the coast where a giant glass pyramid was standing gloriously in the morning light. There I was. Rock Hall.

I really wish I could have lots of pictures of the things I saw inside. From punk rock to motown, there were famous artist's guitar's, letters and musical notes and lyrics writen on paper by musicians, clothing worn by Janis Joplin, Michael Jackson, Buddy Holly, Elvis Presley, The Beach Boys, etc. It was an amazing sight to see so much history from so many generations. I loved seeing the evolution of music and how that effected our societal culture. It's like looking back in time and seeing why you feel the way you do about love and rebellion and joy and sadness. I saw incredible happenings in musical history, such as the telegram to Sid Vicious' mother informing her that her son had died and the declaration by a memphis governer declaring Elvis Presley day to be February 25, 1961.

I love history. And I love music. I don't really know anyone who doesn't. To see the various forms of Rock and Roll from the 1950's on is to see a part of American culture. Whoever said American's don't have culture wasn't really looking.

Johnny Cash's Tour Bus
Joan Jett's first car/ 1983 Jaguar XJ-S
 
Giant hot dog that Phish rode in on at concerts!
 
Eddie Van Halen drum set
 
I had a great time visiting this place! I wish I could have taken more photos but cameras were not allowed through each floor due to the museums contracts with artists. So...I guess you will all just have to take your own trip to Cleveland and see for yourself! Have fun and live a little!

I feel like photos are worth a thousand words, so I think I've given you enough to think about. If you want an adventure, take it. If you think you can't live greatly like these amazing artists, start rethinking. We hold musicians to this unrealistic view of basically Superman/woman. Truth is, we can all do great things with practice, persistance and a little bit of creativity! The degree which you do these things is the only difference between say Les Paul and yourself.

Lovin' my adventures!
"I wanna rock!"

~K.P.~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment