White

Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder. -E.B. White

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

WHEN LIFE HANDS YOU BULLET POINTS...USE 'EM!

And the job search continues in Raleigh, North Carolina! Hm, thought I'd have one by now.

So far Raleigh is turning out to be a fun place to be. I've already met a few friends and had some interesting nights! Like when I met two retired police officers at a bar. They told me about the old days and catching criminals. I even got some advice from an old guy. Literally.

On a piece of paper one of them wrote:

Advice from an old guy:
*Bullet point memories on trip
*Come back to it to find story
*Have fun

Good advice old guy!

Here are some bullet points of things I remember from my trip so far.
*New Mexico beauty
*Get me out of Nebraska
*South Dakota fire on plains
*Partying with South Dakotan college students=fun!
*Minnesota=English countryside
*Oh Canada!
*Yogi bear does exist!
*I just stuck my foot in contaminated water, great...
*Wisconsin cheese curds
*The great ocean of Michigan
*Grand Rapids you stole my heart, and my sobriety
*The Great Cleveland Escape
*Met a man named Pappy in West Virginia. Typical.
*Beauty. My name is Appalachia.
*Virginia is for lovers
*Chased by a chicken, what else is new
*The importance of family
*North Carolina! Take your shirt off, twist it like a helicopter!
*Met retired police officers
*Made bullet points of trip
*Still making bullet points of trip...

Thanks for the advice! I'll come back to these someday and hopefully remember what I was talking about.



~K.P.~

2 comments:

  1. Like you've ever kept your sobriety for long... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really enjoyed reading your blog, Kelsey. Don't stop putting it out there just because you're in a holding pattern. Looking forward to hearing more about North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete