White

Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder. -E.B. White

Sunday, September 16, 2012

How To Deal With Loss...


When we lose someone that we care about, we are forced to face our own mortality.

I lost my grandma to cancer on September 4th. Everyone knew it was coming but you can never really be prepared for when it actually happens. She was a beautiful woman and she really cared about her family. Family holidays won't ever be the same without her. She was the last grandmother I'll ever have and I know that she was proud of me. She told me before I took this trip little pieces of advice on how to stay safe, so that's how I know she was just like any other caring grandma. I've been following your advice, don't worry! 

Rough week on my family.

September 13th, my aunt suddenly passes away. She was another beautiful woman and it was a shock to hear about that. I can remember the last I love you and the last hug from her because I saw her while I was in Colorado for my grandma's memorial. I'm glad I got to tell her though. She was one of those people that made you feel special. I remember when I was growing up in those tough teenage years where it's easy to lose confidence, she would tell me what a beautiful young lady I was turning into inside and out, and you knew that she really meant it whole heartedly. She focused on the best parts of people.

So what happens when you lose people you love?
You keep their memory and their spirit alive and you live for them, with as much love of life as you possibly can.

~K.P.~




1 comment:

  1. They both will be proud of you as long as you live because you are a beautiful young lady, inside an out. I love you with all of my heart Kelsey Pisciotta.

    ReplyDelete