White

Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder. -E.B. White

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA

As I complete the first half of my adventure, I find myself in Raleigh, North Carolina.

Job hunting! My favorite! If you didn't catch it, that's sarcasm.

It's time to replenish the gas fund so that I can continue on the road. In the short 4 days I've been here I've already been applying for various positions in day care, pet sitting, retail, and office work. By next week I should be living the American dream of minimum wage work!

I have yet to really explore the city, but when I do I'm sure I will have a couple of good stories to tell. Until then I think I'm going to use this blog to talk about traveling and the many ways to do it.

A constant on this trip has been people telling me how awesome they think what I'm doing is and how much they wish they could do the same thing. Well you can. And maybe I have some advice that can persuade you to believe that you can.

Traveling isn't just about going to exotic islands to lounge around or spending thousands of dollars to get somewhere, it's about opening yourself up to the world and all the endless learning and information you get from it.

So keep exploring! And so will I.

~K.P.~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment